What is Gum Disease?
Gum disease is the swelling or soreness of the gums or the soft tissue around your teeth gutepotenz.de. It is ussually caused by bacteria that lives in plaque, a sticky colorless film that forms on your teeth. This plaque bacteria has toxins that inflame the gums.
If you do not remove plaque by brushing and flossing your teeth, it can build up and infect your gums, teeth and the bone that supports them. If not treated by your dentist, you may lose your teeth.
The signs of gum disease are not always easy to see and can be painless. That’s why it’s important to see your dentist at least twice a year.
Three stages of gum disease
- Gingivitis – Mildly sore, red, may bleed
- Periodontitis – Damage fibers and/or bone
- Advanced Periodontitis – Supporting fibers destroyed
what can you do while wait for appt.
- Brush, floss with soft bristle toothbrush
- Do not smoke
- Your dentist may prescribe a special rinse